What a treat! Delicious tropical mango and coconut ice cream for the whole family! It really doesn’t get easier than this. Creamy texture, naturally sweetened and perfect for your teething babies too. So without any further ado, let’s dive into details!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Mango. Is anyone else a huge mango fun around here? I absolutely love mango season! You should use nicely ripe mango as they will add extra flavor, color and sweetness in your ice cream.
- Coconut cream. For this recipe you need to use canned full fat coconut cream. Make sure that you don’t buy coconut milk or whipped coconut cream. You will need to scoop out only the white solid cream and leave the coconut water. In order to do so you might need to place the coconut cream in the fridge for a couple of hours to get it nice and cold, however this depends on the coconut cream brand. I have found challenging to find a good coconut cream in the market and this is mainly because the most contain gums and other additives. So make sure that you check the ingredient list.
- Dates. Just makes sure that those are pitted. I love the sweetness that those add into the ice cream.
- Turmeric. You will not need much but this is enough to give this vibrant yellow color that kids would love! Also, turmeric is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant so this is a win-win.
- Chia seeds. This is optional, but hey, I would love to get some extra Omega 3s into my kids diet right?
HOW I SERVED IT
I personally love using my mini round stainless steal ice cream molds* and turn this delicious tropical mango and coconut ice cream for the whole family into popsicles. This makes it more special for my little ones and more convenient for me to have a healthy snack in the freezer waiting for me. Besides I feel that this is the perfect size for any little fingers and so soothing for your teething babies!
CAN I MAKE THIS WITHOUT A POPSICLE MOLD?
If you don’t have popsicle molds* or if you prefer to scoop out your ice-cream, then you can store in an airtight container in the freezer. When is the time to enjoy it, take the container out of the freezer and let it in room temperature for ten minutes so you are able to scoop out your ice-cream.
CAN I EAT THIS RIGHT AWAY?
If you want to eat your ice cream right away you should make sure that both the coconut cream and mango is cold enough. So you should place the coconut cream in the fridge overnight and the mango in the freezer for at least 4 hours to make sure that they cold enough. Then you can follow the same process. The final ice cream will be so creamy and delicious!
DELICIOUS TROPICAL MANGO AND COCONUT ICE CREAM FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
6 mini popsicles
1 cup coconut cream (only the solid white part)
2/3 cup ripe mango diced
2 pitted dates
½ tsp turmeric (for extra color)
Optional, 1 tbsp chia seeds or shredded coconut
- In the blender, blend the coconut cream, mango, dates and turmeric until smooth
- Stir in chia seeds
- Fill up the
Ecozoi mini round molds*
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight