Easy Naturally Sweetened Cherry Frozen Yogurt
Look at this vibrant color! I love cherries, is anyone with me? This easy naturally sweetened cherry frozen yogurt is such a great way to boost your nutrients intake. Both for your little ones and for you, because hey you deserve a nice healthy treat! And I promise that it will not take long to prepare. Let’s get into in, shall we?
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Red cherries. I love the vibrant deep pink, almost purple color that red cherries give to this frozen yogurt! In the recipe I use some red cherries blended with yogurt and I keep some chopped for texture. If you serve this to younger babies you can omit the chopped cherries.
- Yogurt. For this recipe you can use any plain yogurt of your liking. You can even substitute with any plant based yogurt that you like, if you want to keep this dairy-free. I used sheep milk plain yogurt for mine.
- Dates. Just makes sure that those are pitted. I love the sweetness that those add into the ice cream.
- Hemp seeds. This is optional, but hey, I would love to get some extra Omega 3s into my kids diet right?
HOW I SERVED IT
I personally love using my mini flat stainless steal ice cream molds* and turn this delicious tropical mango and coconut ice cream for the whole family into popsicles. This makes it more special for my little ones and more convenient for me to have a healthy snack in the freezer waiting for me. Besides I feel that this is the perfect size for any little fingers and so soothing for your teething babies!
“Those mini popsicles are the perfect little treat for birthday parties, play-dates and backyard gatherings”
Also this is the perfect little treat for your guests on kids birthday parties, play-dates or backyard gatherings. The last time that I offered this on our last play-date, the little ones went crazy about those easy naturally sweetened red cherry ice cream popsicles. I highly recommend whip up some for your next gathering!
CAN I MAKE THIS WITHOUT A POPSICLE MOLD?
If you don’t have popsicle molds * or if you prefer to scoop out your ice-cream, then you can store in an airtight container in the freezer. When is the time to enjoy it, take the container out of the freezer and let it in room temperature for ten minutes so you are able to scoop out your ice-cream.
CAN I EAT THIS RIGHT AWAY?
If you want to eat this right away you can but it will not have an ice cream consistency. It would be equally delicious and refreshing though. a perfect yogurt bowl for the whole family to enjoy and I highly recommend it for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack!
EASY NATURALLY SWEETENED CHERRY FROZEN YOGURT
6 mini molds
3/4 cup pitted and halved cherries
1/4 cup pitted and diced cherries
3 pitted dates
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Optional, 1½ tbsp hemp seeds
- In your blender blend the halved cherries, dates and yogurt
- Stir in the diced cherries and hemp seeds
- Fill up the
Ecozoi flat mini molds*
- Freeze at least for 4 hours or overnight