Easy 3-ingredient Strawberry Nicecream
Attention attention! This is the easier ice-cream that you would ever make. Vibrant in color, refreshing and so tasty that you will want to eat it all! And this is ok, as it is super healthy for you and your little ones. Let’s get into making this delicious and easy 3-ingredient strawberry nicecream.
WHAT IS NICECREAM?
Nicecream is any fruit-based ice-cream without any additives, refined sugars and colors. Just pure ingredients. There are a lot of variation of nicecreams but usually they are banana-based as banana gives a creamy texture to the final result.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Strawberries. I’m using frozen strawberries. Personally, I find very convenient to buy frozen strawberries (and other fruits actually) from the freezer area of the super market. This way I always have strawberries on hand for smoothies, ice-creams, jams etc.
- Banana. You need to use a ripe spotted banana as this is the main sweetener for this recipe.
- Milk. You can use any milk of your preference, animal or plant-based. My personal favorite is coconut milk as I feel it pairs nicely all the flavors. You can even use coconut water instead of milk
CAN I MAKE THIS WITHOUT POPSICLE MOLDS?
I personally love using my stainless steel popsicle molds and turn this easy 3-ingredient strawberry nicecream into popsicles. This makes it more special for my little ones and more convenient for me to have a healthy snack in the freezer waiting for me. If you don’t have popsicle molds or if you prefer to scoop out your ice-cream, then you can store in an airtight container in the freezer. When is the time to enjoy it, take the container out of the freezer and let it in room temperature for ten minutes so you are able to scoop out your ice-cream.
- If you want to eat this right away I suggest to use both frozen strawberries and banana. This will help so you get an ice-cream like consistency without freezing the ice-cream itself. You will find all the information on how to freeze the banana on the almond butter and chocolate frozen yogurt recipe.
- If you can’t find or you simply don’t want to buy frozen strawberries, you can always buy fresh strawberries and freeze them. Just wash them properly, cut the edge and place them in a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Place the sheet tray in the freezer until the strawberries are frozen (around 2 hours) and then transfer them into a freezer bag and close it tightly.
3-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY NICECREAM
8 oz (226.8 grams) frozen strawberries
1 medium size banana
1/3 cup milk
- In your blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth making sure that you scrape down the edges of the blender if needed
- Fill in the
Ecozoi flat popsicles*
- Freeze at least for 4 hour or overnight